Strawberry and Chocolate Tart by Kim @deliciously.keto
(Makes 3-4 small tarts)
90 g almond meal
25 g unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
60 g butter, melted
1 cup cream
2 tbsp coconut oil
250g 85% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line 3-4 small springform cake tins with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add all base ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture into prepared cake tins. Spread in an even layer over the base of each tin.
- Place cake tins onto a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 mins or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by chopping the chocolate into very small pieces. Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a large glass/metal mixing bowl.
- In a small pot add the cream, heat until bubbles are just starting to appear around the edges. DO NOT BOIL.
- Pour the hot cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Allow mixture to sit for a 10 minutes before stirring.
- Gently mix together until smooth.
- Evenly divide mixture over the cooked bases. Place into the fridge to set for 4-6 hours.
- Top with fresh strawberries and mint.