Mini Choc Dipped Ice cream Sandwiches
1 packet 180 cakes Vanilla Almond Biscuit Mix
1 packet 180 cakes Chocolate Chip Biscuit Mix
250g Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp Hawthorne Hill Raspberry Jam
2 tbsp toasted hazelnuts, skin removed and crushed
1. Pre heat oven 160C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Prepare the biscuit mixes in separate bowls by adding an egg and 40ml oil to each mix. Mix until well combined. Using a spoon scoop out tbsp sized amounts of mixture and place on prepared trays, flatten slightly. (You should get 12 biscuits from each mix.)
3. Place trays with biscuits into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. When cooked remove and allow to cool on trays before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
4. While biscuits are cooling prepare the filling by adding the cream cheese, cream and erythritol into a food processor and process until smooth 3-4 minutes. Scrape down sides and repeat for another 4-5 minutes until thick, fluffy and smooth. Evenly divide mixture into 2 bowls.
5. Add the Hawthorne Hill Raspberry jam to one bowl with filling mixture and gently fold through. Set aside.
6. Place the Caramel Fat Drop into a microwave safe container and heat in 10 second bursts until melted. Gently fold this through the second bowl with filling mixture. Set aside.
7. Once biscuits are completely cold divide the raspberry filling amongst 6 biscuits and top with another biscuit to form a 'sandwich'. Repeat with caramel filling. Place sandwiches onto a tray lined with baking paper.
8. Place ice cream sandwiches into the freezer for a minimum of 1hr to set.
9. When sandwiches have set, grate some of the chocolate into a small bowl. Set aside. Place the crushed hazelnuts into a small bowl and also set aside.
10. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second bursts until completely melted.
11. Remove sandwiches from freezer and dip one half of each sandwich into melted chocolate and sprinkle either the grated chocolate or crushed hazelnuts over the wet chocolate. Place sandwich onto a tray lined with baking paper.
12. When all sandwiches have been dipped return trays to the freezer for another 10 mins.
13. Icecream sandwiches can be eaten straight from freezer or if too firm allow it to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften a little.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Fat 61, Protein 11, Carbs 6, Kcal 215
Picture by @deliciously.keto