Before we started on a low carb lifestyle, cheesecake and white chocolate would have been two of our favourite sweet treats. So you can imagine our elation when the Low Carb Emporium announced they were stocking Vitawerx White Chocolate. We had never tried a low carb white chocolate before, and were not disappointed. It was love at first bite!
Our heads then started racing with the possibilities of using the white chocolate in low carb dessert recipes. We couldn’t go past a white chocolate cheesecake, as they always have such a luxurious silky texture, so we got straight into the kitchen.
Cheesecake is such a great low carb dessert option and we have served it as a dessert loads of times to our carb eating family and friends and they always love it. This white chocolate cheesecake will not disappoint either. Also, we are always a sucker for individual desserts as they just look so pretty. It is perfect served with berries and garnished with the Beach Harvest Coconut Chips.
We have lost over 90kgs between us following a low carb lifestyle and would love to share with you our experiences, resources, travel tips and yummy recipes of course. If you are thinking about starting a low carb lifestyle, or are experienced converts like us, there is useful information for everyone. Come and check out havebutterwilltravel.com and join our email list so you don’t miss out on anything.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 499 kcal
Prep time does not include cooling and setting time
1/2 cup Almond Meal
1/2 cup Coconut, desiccated
1 tbs Erythritol, granulated
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
30 g Butter, melted
100 g Vitawerx White Chocolate
250 g Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Pure Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Limes, zest only
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin tray with 6 large muffin cases or if you have a
silicon mould there is no need to line
2. Combine almond meal, coconut, erythritol, ground ginger, melted butter and a pinch of salt. It
should be a wet crumb consistency
3. Divide between six large muffin cases or into silicon moulds and press to make a smooth base
4. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely
1. Whip cream with vanilla extract until soft peaks form, set aside
2. In a medium bowl beat the softened cream cheese until smooth
3. Break up the white chocolate into small pieces and place in a small heatproof bowl. To melt the
chocolate place in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes at 50% power. Stir every 30
seconds and remove once it is fully melted
4. Add the melted white chocolate to the cream cheese and beat to combine. Make sure you beat it
straight away so the white chocolate does not start to set
5. Once the cream cheese mixture is smooth fold in the whipped cream and lime zest until fully
combined and smooth
6. Divide the mixture between the 6 bases and put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or
7. Once fully set remove from the tray and serve with fresh berries
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVE
Fat 47g Total Carbs 7g Net Carbs 5g Protein 11g
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.