If you’ve spent more than 5 minutes in the keto and LCHF world you will mostly likely have heard the term MCT oil thrown around (a lot!). In an attempt to demystify the topic, we’ve put together a simple one-page explanation so you can choose the best option for your needs.
- Pork Ribs: (recipe is for 2 x 600-700g racks)
- Glaze: Walden Farms Sweet BBQ Sauce or Spicy BBQ Sauce (to taste)
- Dry rub: Erythritol, paprika, salt, Mingle Sass spice, pepper, cayenne pepper (optional)
- Making dry rub: mix together 1 table spoon erythritol, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon Mingle Sass spice, 1/4 pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste). Note: spice mix is to taste... feel free to modify as you wish.
- Apply dry rub to the ribs
- Place ribs into oven dish
- Add 1 cup of water to the oven dish and cover with foil
- Heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Place dish into the oven and cook for 2.5 to 3 hours (check every 30 min after 2 hours - cook until meat is soft and the bones can be pulled loose)
- Once the meat is soft, remove from the oven and remove foil cover
- Glaze with your choice of Walden Farms Sweet BBQ Sauce or Spicy BBQ Sauce (to taste)
- Finish off either on a BBQ or in the oven under the grill for approx 5min