Chicken, Mushroom and Thyme Risotto (Serves 3-4)
· 200g button mushrooms, sliced
· 2 tbsp butter
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· 1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly
· 1 Cup baby spinach leaves, torn
· 1/2 tsp onion powder
· 2 1/3 Cup chicken stock
· 1/3 Cup cream
· 1/3 Cup parmesan, grated
· Fresh Thyme
· Salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan and sauté mushrooms until tender. Add garlic and sliced chicken breast pieces, sauté until chicken is cooked through.
2. Add the pasta rice, onion powder, 4 sprigs of thyme and half of the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and stir to ensure the pasta doesn't stick to the pan. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to stir as the pasta absorbs the stock.
3. Continue stirring as the pasta is cooking. Add the spinach, cream and more liquid as needed until pasta is cooked through. This will take approx. 20 minutes.
4. Add the grated parmesan cheese and season to taste. Serve with shaved parmesan cheese and fresh thyme sprigs.