Low carb, healthy hashbrowns | Gluten free, dairy free.
Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
Makes approx. 10
2 cups riced/finely grated cauliflower florets
1/2 cup finely diced brown onion
2 large eggs, whisked
2 tbsp almond meal
Good quality salt + pepper
Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
1/2 brown onion, sliced
1. In a mixing bowl combine riced cauliflower with onion, eggs, almond meal, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat.
3. Spoon heaped tablespoon portions of mixture onto pan and use back of spoon to gently flatten
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat each side or until golden.
5. Sauté remaining sliced onion in extra virgin olive oil over low- medium heat until caramelised.
Serve on top of hash browns (optional).
You can also add 1/2 tsp garlic powder or a pinch of chilli powder for an extra kick.
For extra sweetness, caramelise the chopped onion first by cooking over low-medium heat in an oiled frying pan.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring others to live a healthy and happy life, naturopath and nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons shares her healthy recipes, free from gluten, dairy and sugar, in a refreshing and simple way.
Her easy-to-understand nutrition and lifestyle advice has helped many people improve their health and vitality and to live their healthiest and best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: